BUTTERNUT SQUASH AND CHICKPEA MASH
15 mins cook
This stage 2 weaning recipe is wonderfully warming, perfect for the winter months!
When mashing, you can leave some bigger lumps to provide an interesting and varied texture for your little one.
For some different flavours, try swapping the butternut squash with sweet potato or parsnip. Why not experiment with a combination of lightly roasted veggies?
- 350g butternut squash
- 200g chickpeas (canned)
- 50g onion (finely chopped)
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Warm the squash in the microwave for 5 minutes until tender.
- Put the squash in a roasting tin with a splash of olive oil and the chopped onion and roast for 7 minutes until golden.
- Drain the chickpeas and add to the roasting dish. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and mash to the desired consistency.
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
10 mins cook
6 mins cook
9 mins cook
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.