WINTER SPICED PORRIDGE
5 Mins Cook
This recipe is a great quick breakfast for you and your little one.
- 40g normal porridge oats
- 220ml milk, or your usual milk
- 1 apple, cored and grated with the skin on
- pinch of ground mixed spice*
- 1 whole pear, peeled and chopped
- *this is a mix of ~ ground cinnamon, ground coriander, caraway, nutmeg, ginger and cloves
Cook the porridge oats with milk (roughly 40g with 220ml milk, or water).
Three minutes from the end of the cooking time, add the chopped pear and grated apple, the fruit will naturally sweeten the porridge and cook into the oats.
Also add a pinch of ground mixed spice, which smells and tastes of Christmas. If you don’t have ground mixed spice a pinch of ground cinnamon is perfect.
I served these with some maple roasted pears: as a nice twist for adults. Just prep pears: core and cut into pieces, then roast in a pan with a little butter and maple syrup until golden.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.