BABIES FIRST PUREES
Here are three wonderful weaning puree recipes that are packed with flavour and nutrients.
Purees are often the first type of solid food introduced to babies during weaning and are made by blending or mashing foods into a smooth consistency, which is easier for your little ones to swallow and digest.
1 chicken breast
2 sweet potatoes
- Sautee the chicken breast for 3 minutes.
- Add the peeled and chopped apple and sweet potato, put in enough water to cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Take out some of the apple and sweet potato as finger food and blend the rest.
- You may need to add some of the cooking water to thin this puree out to your desired consistency.
½ butternut squash, cut into batons
2 handfuls of fresh spinach
1 Pear, peeled and cut into batons
- Steam all ingredients together for 10 minutes.
- Take out a few pieces of pear and squash to leave as finger food and blend the rest.
1 salmon fillet
1 small courgette
- Slice the broccoli into florets and the courgettes into batons, pop everything into the steamer with your diced salmon.
- Steam for 10 - 12 minutes then remove a few florets and batons for finger food and blitz the rest with a cup of stock and a knob of no salt butter.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.