VALENTINE’S DAY VEGETABLE FLAPJACKS
Times of celebration, like Valentine’s Day, can offer a great opportunity to introduce your budding foodie to special new baby recipes that offer different textures, flavours, shapes and combinations.
These savoury flapjacks with a veggie twist are a healthy weaning option that is sure to excite little taste buds!
- 150g porridge oats
- 100g grated cheese
- 100g grated vegetable of your choice, with any excess water squeezed out (carrots, parsnips, sweet potato or courgette make great options)
- 50g butter
- 1 large beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas Mark 4.
- Mix together all the ingredients apart from the butter into a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a gentle heat.
- Once melted, add the veggie-oat mixture to the pan and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a square tin before transferring the mixture into it. If making for Valentine's Day, you can also shape the mixture into hearts with cookie cutters or your hands before transferring to a baking tray!
- Bake for around 20 minutes, or until golden.
- Cool on a wire rack to cool before serving.
Did you know that carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A?
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
Valentine's Day Pinwheels
Spread the pouch over the pastry and sprinkle over the cheese, herbs and spinach. Roll both sides into the middle, then slice; they should be about a little finger thick....
Power Up Porridge
Mix the oats, yoghurt, seeds, berries and milk together in a microwave-friendly tub. Microwave for 1 minute, then pat back down, microwave for another minute and pat down again. ...
Holiday Bubble and Squeak
Blitz the vegetables, herbs and turkey in a food processor until they form a fine crumble. Mix with the mash and a whole egg yolk. Shape into rounds. Dust with...
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.