BABY CHICKPEA CURRY
Chickpeas are packed with nutrients and are a great source of protein, folate and iron for your baby!
This tasty curry is full of veggie-goodness and flavourful spices - it is sure to excite budding foodies! Why not experiment with additional veggies or swap the sweet potato for squash to make this go-to weaning recipe a firm favourite?
- 1tbsp cooking oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- 1tbsp mild curry powder
- 1tsp smoked paprika
- 1tsp ground cumin
- 2 x 400g cans of chickpeas, drained
- 250g sweet potato, cut into 1cm cubes
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 500ml low-salt vegetable stock
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan before frying the onion and carrot for around 5 minutes over a medium heat.
- Add the spices and chickpeas to the pan, stirring until combined.
- Add the sweet potato and cook for a couple of minutes before adding the tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and then reduce to a simmer.
- Simmer your curry for around 30 minutes until the potato is cooked through and the sauce has thickened.
- If your baby requires a smoother consistency, blend before serving.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.