Hummus is a great little snack to have in the fridge. It's full of B vitamins and adding beetroot gives you an extra dose of folate. Add to a plate of salad, spread on toast, or dipsome raw veggies as you like.
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained, reserve the water)
- 1 medium beetroot (pre-cooked)
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Place the drained chickpeas, beetroot, garlic, tahini, olive oil and the juice of 1⁄2 a lemon into a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper (if using).
- Switch the blender on and whilst blending, add 1-3 tbsp of the chickpea water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Stop the blender and check for seasoning. Feel free to add more tahini, lemon orgarlic if needed. Place in an airtight container and consume within 3 days.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.