5 Mins Cook
Hummus is a great little snack to have in the fridge. It's full of B vitamins and adding beetroot gives you an extra dose of folate. Add to a plate of salad, spread on toast, or dipsome raw veggies as you like.
- 1 tin chickpeas (drained, reserve the water)
- 1 medium beetroot (pre-cooked)
- 1⁄2 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon
- salt and pepper
- Place the drained chickpeas, beetroot, garlic, tahini, olive oil and the juice of 1⁄2 a lemon into a blender or food processor. Season with salt and pepper (if using).
- Switch the blender on and whilst blending, add 1-3 tbsp of the chickpea water as needed to achieve the desired consistency.
- Stop the blender and check for seasoning. Feel free to add more tahini, lemon orgarlic if needed. Place in an airtight container and consume within 3 days.
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
Very Veggie Minestrone
Chop up all the vegetables and add to a pan with a dash of olive oil. Sautée until soft for about 8-10 minutes. Add all the wet ingredients and the...
Picky Polenta Chips
Put the polenta and courgette into a pan and cover it with stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until it stats to come away from the sides of the pan. Be...
Fabulous Fish Chowder
Put the butter into a pan with the frozen spinach, celery, onion, carrot and broccoli. Sweat, then add the paprika, flour and pouch. Stir and add the potatoes, bay...
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.