CARROT CAKE PORRIDGE
13 Mins Cook
Nothing is more comforting then a steamy bowl of porridge to kickstart the day. We also believe that porridge doesn't have to be plain so today we’ve taken the inspiration of carrot cake and made our bowl extra special, comforting, and nutritious by stirring in some grated carrot and a sprinkle of warming spices.
It's perfect for the whole family to enjoy. When serving to your little one, just leave out the nuts and maple syrup, depending what stage of the journey they are on!
Let your hair down and experiment with your own variations...why not try beetroot and orange? Coconut, pumpkin seeds and banana...the list is endless!
We would love to know what you like to add to your porridge?
- 200 grams rolled oats
- 600 ml. water
- 600 ml. milk or non-dairy milk
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1.5 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cloves, ginger, and nutmeg
- Place all ingredients into a large saucepan. Bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer for 6-8 minutes until thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve with an additional splash of oat milk.
- Why not add in chopped walnuts, raisins, splash of maple syrup or honey.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.