CAULIFLOWER AND WHITE BEAN SOUP
30 Mins Cook
Here is a vegan-friendly winter warmer recipe, perfect for the whole family, especially after a few days of non-stop eating!
Cauliflower is a fab ingredient. Not only is it in season, but it is also packed full of vitamins C and K, folate and potassium.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 litre no-salt vegetable stock
- 1 tin butter beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- rosemary oil, optional
- Sweat the onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil over medium-low heat until softened. Add rosemary and bay leaf. Cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Stir in cauliflower, vegetable stock, and beans. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, adjusting heat accordingly, until cauliflower is cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove solids from the pan and place into a blender or moulin. Puree until smooth. Set aside some of this puree for your baby. To the remainder, add salt, to taste, along with spoonfuls of the cooking stock, blending between additions until desired consistency is reached. You do not need to use all of the stock if you prefer a thicker soup.
- Serve with a crack of black pepper and a drizzle of rosemary oil, if desired.
To make rosemary oil: heat a bit of olive oil and a few sprigs of rosemary over very low heat. Being careful not to over-heat the oil, you want it to be warm but not bubbling or smoking. One warmed, remove from heat and allow the rosemary to continue to steep.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.