CAULIFLOWER AND WHITE BEAN SOUP
30 Mins Cook
Here is a vegan-friendly winter warmer recipe, perfect for the whole family, especially after a few days of non-stop eating!
Cauliflower is a fab ingredient. Not only is it in season, but it is also packed full of vitamins C and K, folate and potassium.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1 litre no-salt vegetable stock
- 1 tin butter beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper, to taste
- rosemary oil, optional
- Sweat the onions and garlic in a bit of olive oil over medium-low heat until softened. Add rosemary and bay leaf. Cook for 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Stir in cauliflower, vegetable stock, and beans. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 15 minutes, adjusting heat accordingly, until cauliflower is cooked through.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove solids from the pan and place into a blender or moulin. Puree until smooth. Set aside some of this puree for your baby. To the remainder, add salt, to taste, along with spoonfuls of the cooking stock, blending between additions until desired consistency is reached. You do not need to use all of the stock if you prefer a thicker soup.
- Serve with a crack of black pepper and a drizzle of rosemary oil, if desired.
To make rosemary oil: heat a bit of olive oil and a few sprigs of rosemary over very low heat. Being careful not to over-heat the oil, you want it to be warm but not bubbling or smoking. One warmed, remove from heat and allow the rosemary to continue to steep.
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
Very Veggie Minestrone
Chop up all the vegetables and add to a pan with a dash of olive oil. Sautée until soft for about 8-10 minutes. Add all the wet ingredients and the...
Picky Polenta Chips
Put the polenta and courgette into a pan and cover it with stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until it stats to come away from the sides of the pan. Be...
Fabulous Fish Chowder
Put the butter into a pan with the frozen spinach, celery, onion, carrot and broccoli. Sweat, then add the paprika, flour and pouch. Stir and add the potatoes, bay...
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.