CHICKEN AND LENTIL STEW
This family recipe may sound complicated, but it’s really simple. Just toss the ingredients in a pan and let it simmer for a wonderful treat even weaning babies can enjoy!
For this recipe, you could experiment with different lentils to diversify the taste and texture of the dish. If your little one doesn’t eat meat, the chicken could easily be swapped out for more vegetables like parsnip or carrot.
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 2 sticks of celery (diced)
- 200g potato (cubed)
- 150g tinned puy lentils
- 200g chicken breast (cut into chunks)
- 1litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 1tbsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried tarragon
- A squeeze of lemon juice
- A drizzle of olive oil
- Warm the oil in a saucepan and cook the chicken until lightly browned.
- Add the onion, garlic and celery to the pan and cook until soft.
- Add the lentils, potatoes, stock and herbs and bring to the boil for 5 minutes. Simmer on a low heat for 20 further minutes.
- To finish, add a squeeze of lemon, then chop or mash a small portion to the desired texture for your little one.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.