COUNTRY VEGETABLE STEW
A warming, veggie-packed dish, this weaning recipe is suitable from nine months and up.
If mashing for your little one, why not let them join in? Getting them involved can help make mealtimes more enjoyable and interactive for you and your budding foodie!
- 1 leek (chopped into bite-sized pieces)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 potatoes (chopped)
- 1 courgette (chopped)
- 2 slices of bread
- 30g cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1tbsp chive
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 2tbsp cornflour
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Put all of your chopped vegetables into a casserole dish. Pour in the stock and cook in the oven for 30 minutes with the lid on.
- Meanwhile, tear the bread into small chunks, or blitz in a food processor.
- When the vegetables are soft, sprinkle with the cornflour. Cover with the breadcrumbs and cheese.
- Return your dish to the oven with the lid off and cook for 10 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.
- Mash and serve!
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.