10 Mins Cook
Full of protein and calcium from the cheese and vitamins C, E & K from the avocado, thisone hits the BLT spot without the guilt. If you don’t fancy it as a sandwich, replace the bread with lettuce for a satisfying salad wrap.
- 4 slices of your favourite gluten free bread
- 1⁄2 block of halloumi in 5mm slices
- 1 baby gem lettuce washed (rocket or spinach is also nice)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe tomato
- olive oil to brush
- Turn on your grill to high. Brush your halloumi with oil, arrange on a lined baking tray and grill for 3-5 minutes until golden.
- While the cheese is grilling, toast the bread. Once the toast is ready, scoop the avocado with a spoon onto the toast, pressing it gently and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay on the halloumi, tomato and lettuce leaves and top with the other slice of toast before slicing in half and you’re good to go!
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.