10 Mins Cook
Full of protein and calcium from the cheese and vitamins C, E & K from the avocado, thisone hits the BLT spot without the guilt. If you don’t fancy it as a sandwich, replace the bread with lettuce for a satisfying salad wrap.
- 4 slices of your favourite gluten free bread
- 1⁄2 block of halloumi in 5mm slices
- 1 baby gem lettuce washed (rocket or spinach is also nice)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 ripe tomato
- olive oil to brush
- Turn on your grill to high. Brush your halloumi with oil, arrange on a lined baking tray and grill for 3-5 minutes until golden.
- While the cheese is grilling, toast the bread. Once the toast is ready, scoop the avocado with a spoon onto the toast, pressing it gently and season with salt and pepper.
- Lay on the halloumi, tomato and lettuce leaves and top with the other slice of toast before slicing in half and you’re good to go!
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
Very Veggie Minestrone
Chop up all the vegetables and add to a pan with a dash of olive oil. Sautée until soft for about 8-10 minutes. Add all the wet ingredients and the...
Picky Polenta Chips
Put the polenta and courgette into a pan and cover it with stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until it stats to come away from the sides of the pan. Be...
Fabulous Fish Chowder
Put the butter into a pan with the frozen spinach, celery, onion, carrot and broccoli. Sweat, then add the paprika, flour and pouch. Stir and add the potatoes, bay...
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.