HANDY ROASTED ROOTS
A healthy lunch can sometimes be a challenge when you’re rushed off your feet. These roasted roots are great to have to hand and will give you plenty of vitamins A and C aswellas folate and potassium. Try scattering them onto some leaves for a light salad or adding to stock for a hearty soup, or simply eat them straight from the pan.
- 800g mixed root veg (carrot, pumpkin, parsnip, swede, beetroot etc)
- 1 large onion3-5 cloves of garlic
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil (or your preferred oil)
- few sprigs of favourite herbs (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp maple syrupor honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Cut all the vegetables into large chunks, roughly the same size.
- Place into a large roasting tray (big enough so that they all fit in one layer), add the remaining ingredients, apart from the maple or honey, and give it a good mix.
- Roast the vegetables in the oven, stirring every so often for 30-40 minutes until tender.
- Remove before adding the maple syrup or honey and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Eat whilst hot or leave to cool before storing in the fridge, and consume within 3-4 days.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.