MADELEINE'S FAMILY FRIENDLY SQUASH & BLACK BEAN ENCHILADA'S
These Spiced Squash & Black Bean Enchiladas are a great twist on the classic Mexican dish that you can enjoy with your baby during stage 2 weaning.
I packed the wraps with black beans, squash and hearty spices and the family absolutely loved it! As I’m all about adding colour to our plates, I couldn’t not top these wholesome, vegetarian wraps with some creamy avocado and yoghurt. Enjoy!
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp of smoked paprika
- 2 tsp of cumin
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 can of black beans
- 1/2 squash, cubed
- Chopped coriander
- 1 pack of small corn or flour tortillas
- Topping - avocado and yoghurt
- In a large pot fry the oil and onion for 5 minutes, then add the spices, squash and beans.
- Stir well then add the chopped tomatoes. 200ml water and simmer for 30 mins.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C. Stir in the coriander to the beans.
- Grab the tortillas and fill them with the bean and squash mix (leaving some extra sauce for pouring over).
- Place in a roasting tray, the extra sauce can be poured over them.
- Bake for 15 minutes then top with avocado and yoghurt.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.