NO FLOUR BANANA BREAD
1 hr 25 mins cook
This is by far the best banana bread we have ever eaten and the recipe doesn’t even miss the flour!
This vegetarian, gluten-free recipe is full of omegas, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium and selenium. Serving 5-6 people, it’s perfect for a midday snack or an easy breakfast. Try toasting it and adding chocolate spread if you want an extra treat.
- 100g raisins
- 60ml apple juice
- 3 ripe bananas (approx 300g)
- 30g butter or coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp date or maple syrup
- (to your taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g ground nuts (either almonds or hazelnuts work best)
- 50g ground flaxseed
- Preheat the oven to 170 ̊C/Gas 3 and line a 23x13cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the apple juice and raisins in a pan on a medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat once boiled and leave to plump up whilst you get the rest ready.
- Mash the bananas with the butter until combined, then add the syrup, vanilla, eggs, lemon and salt and mix well.
- Fold in the remaining dry ingredients and add the strained plump raisins before placing the mixture in the tin and bake for 1 - 1¼ hours.
- Cover the bread with foil if it starts to brown too quickly. It's baked when a knife comes out of the centre clean (with no wet mixture attached).
- Cool on a rack before slicing. Best stored in the fridge for up to a week.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.