NO FLOUR BANANA BREAD
1 hr 25 mins cook
This is by far the best banana bread we have ever eaten and the recipe doesn’t even miss the flour!
This vegetarian, gluten-free recipe is full of omegas, vitamin E, potassium, magnesium and selenium. Serving 5-6 people, it’s perfect for a midday snack or an easy breakfast. Try toasting it and adding chocolate spread if you want an extra treat.
- 100g raisins
- 60ml apple juice
- 3 ripe bananas (approx 300g)
- 30g butter or coconut oil
- 2-3 tbsp date or maple syrup
- (to your taste)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp lemon
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g ground nuts (either almonds or hazelnuts work best)
- 50g ground flaxseed
- Preheat the oven to 170 ̊C/Gas 3 and line a 23x13cm loaf tin with baking paper.
- Place the apple juice and raisins in a pan on a medium heat and bring to the boil.
- Remove from the heat once boiled and leave to plump up whilst you get the rest ready.
- Mash the bananas with the butter until combined, then add the syrup, vanilla, eggs, lemon and salt and mix well.
- Fold in the remaining dry ingredients and add the strained plump raisins before placing the mixture in the tin and bake for 1 - 1¼ hours.
- Cover the bread with foil if it starts to brown too quickly. It's baked when a knife comes out of the centre clean (with no wet mixture attached).
- Cool on a rack before slicing. Best stored in the fridge for up to a week.
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
Very Veggie Minestrone
Chop up all the vegetables and add to a pan with a dash of olive oil. Sautée until soft for about 8-10 minutes. Add all the wet ingredients and the...
Picky Polenta Chips
Put the polenta and courgette into a pan and cover it with stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until it stats to come away from the sides of the pan. Be...
Fabulous Fish Chowder
Put the butter into a pan with the frozen spinach, celery, onion, carrot and broccoli. Sweat, then add the paprika, flour and pouch. Stir and add the potatoes, bay...
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.