This wonderful recipe is full of vitamins to keep your skin, eyes, nervous and immunesystems healthy. Add a handful of spinach, beansprouts, chopped chilli and a splash of tamarito make a delicious light lunch. You can also store this one in the freezer so you always have a hearty stock soup to hand.
- 2 litres of filtered water
- 2 large onions, roughly chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 3-4 sticks of celery, roughly chopped
- 2-3 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of herb stalks (optional)
- 3-4 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 tsp peppercorns
- 1⁄2 tsp of coriander seeds
- 2 sheets of kombu (optional but makes a difference)
- 5-6 dried shiitake (any dried mushroom will do)
- 1/2 tsp turmeric (optional)
- Put the water in a large pan and heat. Add the vegetables, bring to a boil and simmer for 25 minutes before turning off and leaving to stand for 1 hour (longer if you are going out, but remember to cover!)
- Strain and keep in the fridge. Use within 5 days or freeze in portions and use within a couple of months.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.