ON THE GO MUFFINS
Everyone has those left-over veggies sitting at the bottom of their fridge looking very sorry for themselves. Also, those scrag ends of cheese that you don’t get out because they don’t look neat enough for the cheeseboard.
We love this vegetarian family recipe in our house for that reason. Not only are they super healthy as a snack, but they also use up anything you have going! Really you don’t have to be too precise. Anything between 300-500g of filling seems to work. Simply grate into the wet mix before adding the dry and you're good to go!
Feel free to add the spices depending on what the veggies are. Really go to town!
- 310g flour (we like to use 50/50 buckwheat)
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 100g yogurt
- 125ml milk
- 60ml oil (olive or rapeseed is best. Can use coconut also but is quite a strong flavour!)
Optional fridge fillers: (extras!)
- 300-500g of what’s hanging around but, in this recipe, we used:
- 1/4 cauliflower
- 1 carrot
- Handful of dill
- A large pinch of flat-leaf parsley
- Leftover cheddar cheese
- Spices (if using)
- Turn on your oven to 180 degrees and get your muffin trays ready. We like to use silicon, as they are super easy and don't waste paper.
- First of all, mix all the wet ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Get all of your fridge fillers, ensuring they don't weigh more than 500g. Get a grater and grate all of the ingredients into the wet mixture (obviously chopping the herbs if used).
- Sieve the dry ingredients into the mix and stir lightly until you can't see any of the flour. The mix should be dropping consistency, so adjust with milk and flour if needed.
- Spoon into the muffins and bake for 25-30 mins or until golden and cooked through.
- Cool out of the tins before eating and enjoy!
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
Very Veggie Minestrone
Chop up all the vegetables and add to a pan with a dash of olive oil. Sautée until soft for about 8-10 minutes. Add all the wet ingredients and the...
Picky Polenta Chips
Put the polenta and courgette into a pan and cover it with stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until it stats to come away from the sides of the pan. Be...
Fabulous Fish Chowder
Put the butter into a pan with the frozen spinach, celery, onion, carrot and broccoli. Sweat, then add the paprika, flour and pouch. Stir and add the potatoes, bay...
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.