STEAMED GREENS WITH AN OMEGA HIT
This is another one of those recipes that’s so good for you and easy to make, it almost seems too good to be true. Packed with Omegas 3 and 6, vitamins A, C and K,folate, iron andmagnesium (we told you it was good for you!), try topping with a fried egg and sprinkle withsome chilli flakes for a little extra kick.
- 1 large handful of mixed greens (kale, spring greens, chard, sprouting broccoli)
- 1 shake of tamari
- 1 shake of mixed seeds (a blend of flax, pumpkin, sunflower, chia and sesame)
- drizzle of sesame oil
- 1 egg (if using)
- chilli flakes (optional)
- pepper, to taste
- Put a steamer on filled with water. If you don't have a steamer, a large pan of boiling water will do.
- Roughly tear or chop the greens so that they are in big, similar sized pieces and put them in the steamer or pan. Cook until tender, (about 2-3 minutes) then drain.
- Place on a serving plate and toss with the seeds, tamari, oil and fresh cracked pepper.
- Top with a fried egg if using and add a sprinkle of chilli flakes to taste.
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
Very Veggie Minestrone
Chop up all the vegetables and add to a pan with a dash of olive oil. Sautée until soft for about 8-10 minutes. Add all the wet ingredients and the...
Picky Polenta Chips
Put the polenta and courgette into a pan and cover it with stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until it stats to come away from the sides of the pan. Be...
Fabulous Fish Chowder
Put the butter into a pan with the frozen spinach, celery, onion, carrot and broccoli. Sweat, then add the paprika, flour and pouch. Stir and add the potatoes, bay...
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.