STEAMED GREENS WITH AN OMEGA HIT
This is another one of those recipes that’s so good for you and easy to make, it almost seems too good to be true. Packed with Omegas 3 and 6, vitamins A, C and K,folate, iron andmagnesium (we told you it was good for you!), try topping with a fried egg and sprinkle withsome chilli flakes for a little extra kick.
- 1 large handful of mixed greens (kale, spring greens, chard, sprouting broccoli)
- 1 shake of tamari
- 1 shake of mixed seeds (a blend of flax, pumpkin, sunflower, chia and sesame)
- drizzle of sesame oil
- 1 egg (if using)
- chilli flakes (optional)
- pepper, to taste
- Put a steamer on filled with water. If you don't have a steamer, a large pan of boiling water will do.
- Roughly tear or chop the greens so that they are in big, similar sized pieces and put them in the steamer or pan. Cook until tender, (about 2-3 minutes) then drain.
- Place on a serving plate and toss with the seeds, tamari, oil and fresh cracked pepper.
- Top with a fried egg if using and add a sprinkle of chilli flakes to taste.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.