TOO GOOD OAT CAKES
1 hr Cook
If you’re a fan of oatcakes, then you’ll love this quick and easy recipe. If you're not, then you will be after tasting these!
Full of vitamin B1, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc, they go well with cheese and chutney or try one with nut butter and a dash of jam. Remember to leave out the salt if you’re giving these to your baby.
- 240g gluten free oats
- 40g ground flaxseeds
- 40g olive oil or butter (even coconutoil works!)
- pinch of salt
- 120-180 ml boiling water (varies from oat to oat)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ Gas 3. Pop all the ingredients apart from the water in a food processor and blitz until you have breadcrumbs, depending how fine you like your oatcakes.
- Whilst the blender is still running, slowly add the boiling water until a soft dough is formed. Leave to rest for 2 minutes to allow all the oats to swell, and add more water if needed.
- Sandwich the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll to about as thick as a pound coin. Then cut into diamonds.
- Discard the top sheet of baking paper, cut in to diamonds, place on the baking tray and cook for 30 minutes until crisp.
- Leave to cool, then store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
Very Veggie Minestrone
Chop up all the vegetables and add to a pan with a dash of olive oil. Sautée until soft for about 8-10 minutes. Add all the wet ingredients and the...
Picky Polenta Chips
Put the polenta and courgette into a pan and cover it with stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until it stats to come away from the sides of the pan. Be...
Fabulous Fish Chowder
Put the butter into a pan with the frozen spinach, celery, onion, carrot and broccoli. Sweat, then add the paprika, flour and pouch. Stir and add the potatoes, bay...
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.