TOO GOOD OAT CAKES
1 hr Cook
If you’re a fan of oatcakes, then you’ll love this quick and easy recipe. If you're not, then you will be after tasting these!
Full of vitamin B1, iron, magnesium, phosphorus and zinc, they go well with cheese and chutney or try one with nut butter and a dash of jam. Remember to leave out the salt if you’re giving these to your baby.
- 240g gluten free oats
- 40g ground flaxseeds
- 40g olive oil or butter (even coconutoil works!)
- pinch of salt
- 120-180 ml boiling water (varies from oat to oat)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/ Gas 3. Pop all the ingredients apart from the water in a food processor and blitz until you have breadcrumbs, depending how fine you like your oatcakes.
- Whilst the blender is still running, slowly add the boiling water until a soft dough is formed. Leave to rest for 2 minutes to allow all the oats to swell, and add more water if needed.
- Sandwich the dough between 2 sheets of baking paper and roll to about as thick as a pound coin. Then cut into diamonds.
- Discard the top sheet of baking paper, cut in to diamonds, place on the baking tray and cook for 30 minutes until crisp.
- Leave to cool, then store in an airtight container for up to 2 months.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.