40 Mins Cook
This is a great recipe for parents and babies, serving enough for the whole family!
It can also be blitzed to a smooth sauce and served with baby pasta, making it perfect for weaning.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves, picked
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- 500g free-range turkey breast, minced
- 250g tomato passata
- 250g no salt stock, chicken or vegetable (as preferred)
- 2 carrots, peeled, ends removed and finely grated
Splash the olive oil into a pot, add the onion and cook for 5-8 minutes until soft and translucent, but not brown.
Then add the crushed garlic, thyme leaves and dried oregano (if using) and cook for a further 1-2 minutes.
Add the turkey mince and brown the mince, take some time to do this, carefully breaking up the mince with a spatula. It should take roughly 5 minutes for the mince to brown, but take more time if necessary.
Next, add the tomato passata, stock and grated carrot: bring the up to the boil
Cover with a lid, reduce to medium heat and simmer for 20 minutes until the Bolognese is completely cooked through.
Whilst the Bolognese is cooking you can cook your pasta. The Bolognese should be ready around this time. Plate up the pasta and add a generous spoon of the sauce.
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.