WINTER VEGETABLE CASSEROLE
The casserole is one of the staples of winter, alongside frosted windows and hot chocolate.
The great thing about this recipe is that it can be made for the whole family before being mashed or blended for your little one, perfect for when they’re around nine months.
- 4 potatoes (sweet or regular)
- 1 leek
- 2 carrots
- 1 courgette
- 300ml very low salt vegetable stock
- 1tsp cornflour
- 50g breadcrumbs
- 30g grated cheese
- Partly cook the potatoes for around eight minutes before draining.
- Chop all the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and place into a casserole dish, then pour over the stock.
- Cover the lid and place in an oven at 200C for 30 minutes, until the vegetables are nearly cooked.
- Remove from the oven and add cornflour to the stock to thicken.
- Cover with breadcrumbs and grated cheese before returning to the oven for 10 minutes, or until the cheese is cooked.
- Serve to the adults before blending or mashing to the desired consistency for your baby. Allow to cool before feeding.
Are you looking for something tasty and nutritious to share with your budding foodie? Discover our baby weaning recipes, perfect for every occasion! Here at Babease, we know that you want your little one to experience the wide world of food! We’ve collected some of our favourite recipes for babies and created this handy resource to provide you with some new and exciting ideas.
Very Veggie Minestrone
Chop up all the vegetables and add to a pan with a dash of olive oil. Sautée until soft for about 8-10 minutes. Add all the wet ingredients and the...
Picky Polenta Chips
Put the polenta and courgette into a pan and cover it with stock. Simmer for 15 minutes until it stats to come away from the sides of the pan. Be...
Fabulous Fish Chowder
Put the butter into a pan with the frozen spinach, celery, onion, carrot and broccoli. Sweat, then add the paprika, flour and pouch. Stir and add the potatoes, bay...
GET 20% OFF YOUR FIRST ORDER!
Join the Baby Club for FREE weaning help and advice.